We are seeking Prayer Warriors and need your help.
We are asking for local church congregations to consider adopting a single Warrior or Gold Star Family for the Team Fastrax Warrior Weekend to Remember 2018. This event takes place on July 18th thru July 22rd, 2018 and held in conjunction with the SELECTiON.COM® Ohio Challenge Hot Air Balloon Festival in Middletown, Ohio.
Purple Heart Recipients are combat injured warriors and Gold Star Families have lost a loved one in combat. The Warrior Weekend to Remember is to honor those Warriors and Gold Star Families by providing fun, bonding and enriching, life changing experiences that facilitate new friendships and emotional healing.
Once your congregation has Adopted a Warrior or Gold Star Family…. you will be provided with their bio, photo and mailing address.
- To start we ask that each congregation offer up prayers for the Warrior/Gold Star Family to have an enriching and healing Warrior Weekend to Remember. It can make a huge impact on one’s life to know that there are people out there that are taking the time to stop and pray for them.
- Next, we are asking that the congregation write and collect letters of encouragement from all ages for your adopted Warrior/Gold Star Family. We would like the letters to be included in a small care package with some additional snacks and goodies. The care packages with the letters included will be collected July 9, 2018 and then delivered to their hotel rooms prior to their arrival for Warrior Weekend to Remember. This will allow the Warrior/Gold Star family to read their letters during down time throughout the weekend.
- Last, we ask that you send a care package directly to the Warrior/Gold Star Family home after the Warrior Weekend to Remember 2018 has come to an end. Items should be simple and gender neutral, congregations can send whatever they like. We do not have any sort of “special needs” list. Anything will be appreciated. We want our Warrior/Gold Star Family to know that the church will continue to offer up prayers even though the weekend has come to an end.
There are other ways to help….
- Churches can offer to use their church van and church volunteers to transport warriors during Warrior Weekend. This is another great way for local churches to reach out, volunteer and be part of the event. Each church would be responsible for fuel and all other van related expenses.
- Churches can financially sponsor a Warrior/Gold Star Family and can offer whatever form of monetary donation they choose in support of Warrior Weekend. If a church chooses they can raise $4k to sponsor a specific warrior.The warrior, they are praying for will also be the warrior they financially sponsor. Warrior Weekend pays all related expenses for every warrior.
- Congregations can opt to participate in the athletic events on Saturday morning, July 21st at Smith Park in Middletown. Includes, 5k walk/run/Ranger Ruck and 25 mile Gold Star Bike.
If your church is interested in adopting a Warrior/Gold Star family, please apply below.